DADAFAB

Monday 13 April 2015

Travel: Lotte World Korea

It's always a mandatory travel list for me to experience the best theme park of any country I'm visiting. From Disneyland in Hongkong to YAS Water Park in Abu Dhabi, I really didn't miss the premiere amusement destination located in the heart of South Korea- Lotte World. 

Back in Philippines when I do part time tutorial lessons to Korean students, I always do hear fun stories and insane rides from kids who experienced the Lotte World Adventure. This theme park is now divided into 3 sections- Lotte World Adventure, Lotte Water Park and Lotte World Aquarium.
Lotte World Complex is the world's largest indoor theme park for the first time in Korea. It opened in July 21, 1989 and it was the world's largest indoor theme park ranked by the Guiness Book of World Records in 1995. 

Lotte World is a theme park in additon to department stores, hotels, duty free shops, and discount stores. Upon entering into this magical world, I was amazed by the gigantic ice skating arena located in the center of the theme park. At first, I thought that was it, not until I reached the Magic Island where you can experience the best rides in your life. I had a quick food trip to try chocolate churros and milk tea before heading out to my Lotte World adventure. 

In total, Lotte World indoor park consist of four levels of various adventures. Aside from that, they also have the Magic Island, Kid Zone, Shopping Mall, Charlotte Theater and Folk Museum. Their best rides include Drop Tower, Gyro Swing and the Giant Loop, The Conquistador and French Revolution.

Due to extreme temperature in Seoul I only managed to try 2 rides in the Magic Island. I just spent the remaining time indoor eating churros, watching the insane long queue on famous indoor rides and ended up watching the theater shows before leaving Lotte World. Maybe I'm really getting old enough to have all the energy in trying out the rides, but the kid in me will forever be here when it comes to amusement parks. Lotte World is definitely one tourist spot not to miss out in Seoul. It's totally worth your time & money.

Lotte World Adventure
240 Olympic-ro Songpa-Gu, Seoul,
Korea Hotel Lotte World
Tel. +82-2-1661-2000 












































No comments:

Post a Comment